- 2 ounces Italicus Rosolio Bergamotto Liqueur
- 5 drops Calabrian chili tincture*
- 1 ounce salted watermelon shrub**
- 2 ounces sparkling rosé
- Watermelon slice
*Calabrian Chili Tincture:
- 10 dried Calabrian chilis
- 4 ounces vodka
**Salted Watermelon Shrub:
- Two cups watermelon, roughly chopped
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 ounces fresh lemon juice
For the tincture: Break apart the chilis and combine with vodka. Allow to sit, covered, at room temperature for 2 days. Strain and add to a dropper bottle.
For the shrub: Combine watermelon, sugar, red wine vinegar and salt. Cover and let sit in refrigerator for 2 days. After 2 days, muddle the mixture, add lemon juice and strain. Will last approximately 5 days.
For the cocktail: Combine liqueur, tincture, watermelon shrub and rosé over ice in a glass. Garnish with a watermelon slice.
Ratings & Reviews